Using Right Click Properties With VBA.

FireWolf1324

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
:giggle: Hello everyone! This post is to find a solution for those who want to use the Right-Click menu properties of the mouse that the computer provides to the user. If Possible.

This is why I was curious about the topic:

-I have been learning VBA for some months, but I still want to learn more.
-I have a VBA code that saves files in PDF with a specific name (Always the same. Based on Excel Work Sheet Cells), in a folder (Always the same).
-Now, I am doing a VBA code to combine PDF files, anyway, instead of making a bunch of code using Adobe or another source, I think there may be a faster way when you already have a program on the computer that can do it for you, like Nitro Pro, even Adobe, or other programs with the right click properties to combine selected files in a PDF. Meaning that some of those programs, already have the shortcuts to do it when you do a right-click over several files.

*For example: With the program Nitro Pro, you can combine multiple files in PDF (Even if they are not .pdf formats, like Word, Excel, image formats as jpg, png, and others; etc.), by just selecting the ones you want, doing a right-click and select "Combine files with Nitro".

*In this case, it will be a code to select some files with a specific name, do a right-click, and then choose the option available to combine them within the Right-Click Properties (So, it choose the option: "Combine files with Nitro", or for those interested in other properties: Send to, Share, Open with, etc.). Something similar copy or paste, but this time using the right-click properties the computer already facilitate to the user. :unsure:

All information and ideas are very welcome. Thank You! :biggrin:

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    45.2 KB · Views: 36

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I follow.
...it will be a code to select some files with a specific name, do a right-click, and then choose the option available to combine them within the Right-Click Properties...
Are you saying that you want to code a script which will automatically select certains files for conversion into a PDF by using third-party software (e.g., "Nitro")? If you were going to do it this way at all, would you need to use VBA, or do you not think VBScript would an appropriate tool?

If the intent is to use existing third-party software to combine convert/combine files into a PDF file, I suspect the easiest approach would be to use VBS or VBA to either: (1) access the sofware through a COM Object, or (2) execute the command-line versions of the software. Nitro Pro, for example, allows for this (link):

Combine PDF Files
Nitro Pro: NitroPDF.exe /m <File Path to Master File> <File Path to Secondary File>
E.g.: C:\Program Files\Nitro\Pro\13>NitroPDF.exe /m C:\Users\amanenti\Desktop\test.pdf C:\Users\amanenti\Desktop\test2.pdf

Is this what you were thinking of doing?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back