daydaym0919

Test1 Test2 Test3 Test4
Name1Score | 4 MayScore | 4 JuneScore | 4 JulyScore | 4 Aug
Name2Score | 4 July
Name3Score | 4 JuneScore | 4 JulyScore | 4 Aug
Name4Score | 4 JuneScore | 4 Aug

<tbody>
</tbody>
Hi, I’m fairly new to the advanced workings of excel. I am trying to create a tracking system where I can keep up with about 450 people and test scores. I currently have an excel project that is formulated to automatically input scores based off data I have in other sheets. I have pivot tables and slicers that allow me to click a name and shows me the dates they took the test (with the dates being in their own slicer). Or I can click the date and it shows who took the test. Everything is working fine, however, I am trying to make it more effective and efficient. At the moment my test pivot tables allow me to filter through names according to each individual test date attempt. Different people were tested on different dates so right now I cannot click on a date and see everyone that was tested. If I click a date in one of the attempt pivot tables I can only see the people that were tested on “X” date if it was their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th attempt…

Ie. Person A took their 3rd attempt on 4 May, Person B took their 1st attempt on 4 May. I cannot click on “4 May” to see both Person A and B because they were different attempts….

I am trying to create a pivot table or something that will allow me to filter through all the dates (in different columns of my worksheet) and give me the names and scores of everyone that took the test on that date. If anyone has any ideas, suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

It's kinda similar to the table I showed, but a bit more complex. The score breakdown and the dates are in separate columns. The "|" between the score and date is to show the separate columns.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back