Using spin buttons to control a Dropdown List.

lukmanayahayya1

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good Morning all.

Please I need your help on how to use spin buttons to control a dropdown list in Excel.

If its possible, please guide me on how to do it. It's gonna mean alot to me.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Please provide a lot more information about what you want to do.

A spin button moves a value up or down, one increment at a time on each click.

A dropdown list is...a list. I assume you are talking about a cell with data validation using a list. If not please explain further.

How do you want a spin button to control a list?

Upvote 0
Please provide a lot more information about what you want to do.

A spin button moves a value up or down, one increment at a time on each click.

A dropdown list is...a list. I assume you are talking about a cell with data validation using a list. If not please explain further.

How do you want a spin button to control a list?
I have a data validation(which is a dropdown list) in a cell. I want to use the spin buttons to move the values up or down, one increment at a time.

Upvote 0
A lot more information.

What are the values, how are they populated into the list, and what values do you want to go up or down? All of the values in the whole list? What increment do you want to use? Default is 1 but you can set it to anything.

Upvote 0
A lot more information.

What are the values, how are they populated into the list, and what values do you want to go up or down? All of the values in the whole list? What increment do you want to use? Default is 1 but you can set it to anything.
A lot more information.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
The values in there are list of names.
If I have A to Z, and I selected D, I want whenever I press the spin up, the value in the cell just becomes E, or spindown to become C.
I hope you get the explanatiom

Upvote 0
It sounds like once you select a value from the list, you want to be able to use the spin button to change that selected value to the next one above or below it in the list.

I will ask one more time--I'm really having trouble getting the information I need.
What are the values, how are they populated into the list

Upvote 0
It sounds like once you select a value from the list, you want to be able to use the spin button to change that selected value to the next one above or below it in the list.

I will ask one more time--I'm really having trouble getting the information I need.
That is exactly what I meant.

Upvote 0

Yes Sir. This is all I meant.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back