Using the Checkboxes feature for an invite list

Notime

New to this board and looking for some help.

I have a large name list (about 7000 rows), and would like to create a checkbox or toggle so the list can be sent around and the people can say yes or no to the invitation by checking the box.

In the developer ribbon, I used the form control checkbox feature and sized the box to fit within a cell, I then linked that checkbox to a different cell within the same row (to produce True or False) and used an If statement so if the box was checked or unchecked it would read "Yes" or "No". To this point, all is well.

However, I want to copy drag these two cells with the checkbox the length of the 7000 rows. Unfortunately, the checkbox cell link will not automatically update for each row. The thought of going into 7000 lines and updating the cell link for each checkbox is mind numbing.

If anyone has encountered this and has a solution or an alternate suggestion, I would be forever grateful.

Thank you

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back