Using the rank function PLEASE HELP!

richiebkerry

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All, I have multiple vehicles at work and we make multiple drops during a day.

I am currently downloading a days’ worth of information for the entire fleet and would like to rank the individual vehicles by the first job completed and then ascending all by the time it was completed (I can’t have them mixed, they must be grouped together by registration and ranked by individual registration group then job completed).

Hopefully I should then have a vehicles registration in the order of the drops for that day. For example, Reg VW has 1st job completed at 9am, VW has 2nd job at 9:11am etc.

I haven’t explained this very well and I apologise in advance!

The columns are vehicle reg = “BB” and the job completed = “AT”. The job completed is in the following date / time format “12/11/2019 07:47:46”

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
You can upload an image or file to the cloud with examples of what you have and what you expect from the result.

You could upload a copy of your file to a free site such www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back