Using VBA Macro two filter 2 tables on the same sheet

Excel_User_10k

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello "Mr Excel",

I come to you again for your wisdom haha. I want two tables - One for Targets, and another for Month To Date Sales. Inline with each other as they contain the same structure but separated by a couple of rows. I currently have the following Macro code in place to filter the Target table by the location entered in C6. This is so it only shows the data relevant to that location and so they cannot see each others. I understood the usual rule of "1 filter per sheet" and when I try to copy/paste to create the 2nd table underneath, it causes an issue with the Macro of course. I have uploaded an image of how I would want it to look. Is there away for both of these tables to be filtered at the same time?

This is the Macro Code I am using:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()

Range(Range("B7"), Range("B7").End(xlDown)).AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=Range("C6").Value & "*"

End Sub

Hopefully it is an easy solution. Thank You.

Attachments

• Picture2 (2).png
    Picture2 (2).png
    70.7 KB · Views: 63
You are going around in circles, we have addressed all of that. The only issue is how you are applying the protection.
So just add this line after the If Not Intersect line in both procedures/sheets
VBA Code:
Me.Protect Password:="myPassword", AllowFiltering:=True, UserInterfaceOnly:=True
Ok.

Right, I have done how you said (and hopefully correctly, as shown in screenshot - and yes I have changed the "myPassword" part, before you ask). Great news is that it seems to be stable and working, no errors! Targets Sheet is doing exactly what I want! Amazing :D!

Unfortunately, the only thing now is that MTD is showing all rows again as default when G3 (Store No) is blank. We have already solved this problem so not sure how it has gone back to doing that?

I take it that this way of doing it was the Plan B that you mentioned earlier, so I don't need the 'Protect All Sheets' Macro now?

Attachments

• 1664746955751.png
    1664746955751.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1664747094360.png
    1664747094360.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
MTD - Check that when G3 is blank that your formula is still returning "Invalid ID" in D6. If not fix your formula.

Protect All Sheets macro - Correct you no longer need it for the purpose of these 2 macros. (MTD and Targets)

Upvote 0
MTD - Check that when G3 is blank that your formula is still returning "Invalid ID" in D6. If not fix your formula.

Protect All Sheets macro - Correct you no longer need it for the purpose of these 2 macros. (MTD and Targets)
Yeah it does. The formulas all still work as they should. And it still says "Invalid ID" in D6 when G3 is either blank or an incorrect 'ID' is entered. But regardless of either it still Shows All Rows. And the code is still as pictured in #71.

Ok no worries.

Upvote 0
This line should look like the below in both sheets. It is correct in Targets but not correct in MTD.
If Range("D6") <> "" Then

Upvote 0
This line should look like the below in both sheets. It is correct in Targets but not correct in MTD.
If Range("D6") <> "" Then
Do you mean in the area highlighted? Because it does say that.

Attachments

• 1664780708135.png
    1664780708135.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0
Yes but replace the line with what I sent you.
ie delete the And Range("D6") <> "Invalid ID"

Rich (BB code):
        If Range("D6") <> "" And Range("D6") <> "Invalid ID" Then

1664782204951.png

Upvote 0
Yes but replace the line with what I sent you.
ie delete the And Range("D6") <> "Invalid ID"

Rich (BB code):
        If Range("D6") <> "" And Range("D6") <> "Invalid ID" Then

View attachment 75296
Ahhh I see. It wasn't clear what you were getting at there. Thought you were saying that is what it is supposed to say.

Brilliant! Looks like it is working, after about 2 weeks haha. Thanks so much for your continued help and patience.

Upvote 0
Ok, not sure whether to ask this here or start a new thread, but as you are very familiar with this workbook by this point and it is just a simple question about fractions. In the area highlighted in the Screenshot, there are two grey Cells. The top one if a fraction that I want to show how many Greens there are out of all Greens, Ambers, Reds and Blues added together. So if there were 2 Greens, 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 1 Blue, it would say "2/5". I have the formula showing in the other Screenshot, highlighting the part concerning to the month that is selected (as the rest of the formula is only relevant when any of the other months is selected in the drop down box). It basically says Divide [Green] by how many there are when adding [Green], [Yellow], [Red], and [Blue]. However sometimes, especially if there are 0 Greens, it does not seem to understand. Whereas I would expect it to say "0/5" for instance, it will say something random like "0/3" even though there are still a total of 5. I suspect this is because it would be dividing the total by 0, which obviously makes no sense. However, I do not know how else to write the formula to tell it this. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1664841204712.png
    1664841204712.png
    205 KB · Views: 3
  • 1664841252135.png
    1664841252135.png
    193 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back