Using VBA to login and pull file from website

acejoca

Hello everyone, i'm getting a little stuck and hoping someone can help redirect me.

Scenario:
I process commission statements and for one client we get 30 different login's for each one of our producers. I currently have all the logins and passwords in an excel document. I must login to each one, select several links, then find this months CSV file on the website, click and download it. I've tried working with client to consolidate logins but not help there. Obvisouly I'm not fan of this so i'm trying to find a better way.

What i've tried:
After some research I got close and landed on using the internet explorer object (my code is below) in excel to log into the website and actually log me in. The problem is one of the links I need to click on sends me to another website of theirs which I notice is a changing url. Looks to have an encryption on the url address that is telling the new website the username and password(which changes every time I log in). If this link was a static address I wouldn't have a problem but since it changes I'm not sure how to tell excel to click on that specific link.

Does someone know if I can search the website and pull the new url address on that specific link and/or just tell excel to click on the name of the link( in this case "Commission Statements")?

Or if someone can think of a better process in general...that would be awesome too.

Sub NRS()

UsrName = "ExampleUser"
Passwrd = "ExamplePass"

' Open IE and go to the desired web page
Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

With ie
.Visible = True
.navigate "http://www.hullrhqbroker.com/login.asp"
.Top = 50
.Left = 130
.Height = 900
.Width = 900

' Loop until the page is fully loaded
Do Until Not ie.Busy And ie.ReadyState = 4
DoEvents
Loop

Set ipf = ie.document.all.Item("text-1-userid")
ipf.Value = UsrName

Set ipf = ie.document.all.Item("text-1-password")
ipf.Value = Passwrd

ie.document.all.Item("frmlogin").submit

DoEvents
Loop

ie.navigate "https://www.rhqquoting.com/Secure/AgencyServices.asp"
DoEvents
Loop

End With

End Sub

ahh very cool sean, I will have to play around that with and see if i can get it to work for me. Thanks! Also big thanks for Norie and carpy!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
Hey guys so close to being done on this but I'm trying to take it one more step and actually download a file. I'm able to finally get the file name but not sure how to execute it. I cycled through "Input" and can find the link "ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$gviewCommStmt$ctl02$btnCSV" but I need to to essential click on it. I'm sure if there more steps here but not sure what i'm missing or need to look for. Any help?

HTML:
<input type="image" name="ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$gviewCommStmt$ctl02$btnCSV" id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_gviewCommStmt_ctl02_btnCSV" src="Images/icon_xls.gif" style="border-width:0px;" />
                                                        </td>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back