Using VBA To Open A New Worksheet Containing Existing Data

rosie14385

Is anybody able to help with the following:-

Trying to set up a new customer database using Excel and VBA. Each customer has a database entry (1no excel file per customer)with their details. On each customer entry, I want to have a couple of macro buttons. One to open a job card template and one to open a quotation template in Word. I've actually managed to get this far but I'm struggling with I want to have the customer details transferred from the customer entry into specific cells on the job card or specific locations on the quotation (Word document). Also, I need the job card to open in the same workbook as the customer entry.

Please excuse if my terminology is a little off. I'm fairly good with excel formulas but I'm completely new to VBA and macros.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.

Fazza

MrExcel MVP
hi, Rosie

one excel file per customer is likely setting yourself up for a world of pain. this sounds instead like a job for a database

if continuing with the current plan & you want help, I'd suggest there are two basic options.
1. engage a consultant, like MrExcel, or
2. work through each step in small bites & ask for specific help when stuck. being completely new to VBA this might take a very long time, but on the positive side it sounds like you've made good progress already, and a project like this is a fantastic way to learn.

all the best. regards, Fazza

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stan vacek

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...