Using Vlookup to return cell values between dates

Mntmoose

Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning everyone,

I am stumped on how to get my monthly and annual roll up data to properly display using Vlookup. I have set up a helper column to assist the daily data but I honesty cant figure out the best way to get Excel to total data across a month for a given metric.

I currently have 8 metrics that I need to roll up on a daily, weekly, monthly, annually per ID number. The raw data is added on a separate sheet from the summary roll up all in the same work book. This is the simple Vlookup I am using to grab the daily data: =VLOOKUP($B$5,Dailynum[[#All],[helper 1]:[AHT]],6,0), I am honestly not sure what else to include for examples but I am happy to pull more data if anyone needs it to help me out.

Im very new to creating large rolling reports and I was told to head here from a colleague for some assistance.

Thank you for your time!

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
If you need to return / sum multiple values to 1 cell then you will need SUMIFS, not VLOOKUP.

I've provided the basic principle in the formula below, you will need to edit it to match your actual sheet.

=SUMIFS([column to sum],[date column],">="&start,[date column],"<="&end,[ID number column],ID number)

Start and end refer to the start and end dates for the given period, the formula will sum any records where the date is between those specified.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back