Using weekly sales data effectivly

sbentham

Hi,

I am relatively new to the intricacies offered by excel despite years of using basic formulas.

I am an account manager, and each week we receive sales information form our customer. We have approx 30-40 SKUs listed, but this can change depending on the week and season. Some weeks the list can change slightly in article numbers and order in which they appear on the spreadsheet.

I currently save each of these sheets int eh same workbook, using the date as the title of the sheet.

What i want to do i find a way of collating and using the sales information. The spreadsheets contain around 30 columns, but i only want 4-5 pieces of information.

On e a new black sheet at the start of the workbook, i would like to take one of every number SKU used across all of the sheets, and then track across the columns so that the total sales for each week are automatically calculated.

Help is super appreciated in advance! And sorry if I have not been very clear, I am not sure how i can upload an image to show with more clarity.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I recommend you read up on using Pivot Tables. They are a very powerful tool for data analysis just as you are suggesting you need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back