Guzzlr

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All
I have the following V-Lookup:
VBA Code:
=VLOOKUP($B$28,'[Data Base_Current State.xlsm]Speciality '!$B:$N,2,FALSE)

this of course is working. However, it will only pull back the data in col_index_num 2.
What I'm looking for, is to pull back all data in the row of 28, to where ever the data ends in the columns. so if col_index_num is Column C then row 28 would pull data from Column C:J for this example.
However, row 29 may have data from C:L...each row has a different length of data to columns.
Is this possible?
Thanks for the help

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Please update your account details to show which version of excel you are currently using. With office 365 dynamic arrays this is a simple task, with older versions it can still be done but needs a more creative formula.

Upvote 0
With office 365 dynamic arrays this is a simple task,

so the computer I'm currently on, and asking the V-LOOKUP question is Office 365. However, my other computers have excel 2019 and some older...one of my computers I'm still using 2010.
Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
In that case you will need to use the long method, which means entering the formula into the first cell then dragging it right far enough to cover all possibilities. So if the maximum range ised will be columns B:L (11 columns) then you need to drag the formula right for 10 columns. As column B is not being returned as a result it is not necessary to include that in the count.

Excel Formula:
=IF(INDEX('[Data Base_Current State.xlsm]Speciality '!C:C.MATCH($B$28,'[Data Base_Current State.xlsm]Speciality '!$B:$B,0))="","",INDEX('[Data Base_Current State.xlsm]Speciality '!C:C.MATCH($B$28,'[Data Base_Current State.xlsm]Speciality '!$B:$B,0)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back