Vacation / Paid Time Off Accrual

Excel_Noob1

Hi all - new to the site, but am hopeful you can help! I found some options that are similar, but being an excel newbie, I wanted to get specific answers to my scenario so things don't get messed up when I attempt to plug in the formulas :LOL:.

So, I need to calculate vacation for each full-time, salaried employee. Here are some of the policies behind the calculations:
  • Vacations accrue at the end of each full month
  • Vacation time does not begin accruing until the employee has worked 2 full months
  • Vacation time does not roll over to the next year
  • Vacation time cannot be taken as half days (only full)
  • Employees working between 0-5 years accrue .833 days at the end of each month worked (max 10 days)
  • Employees working 5+ years accrue 1.25 days at the end of each month worked (max 15 days)
  • Payroll is bi-weekly

If any additional information is needed, please let me know.

Basically, I want to be able to see how much time is accrued at the moment in time that I look (if possible) and the total time that will accrue by the end of the year (most important).

I started putting together a basic sheet, but am sure I will need more info. I have the following fields:
  • employee name
  • start date
  • today (thought it would be needed for calculations?)

Please let me know what other fields I will need and when/where to insert the formulas you wonderful people come up with. Thank you so much - my employees and I thank you!!:)

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
you really should not use Excel for this, instead learn Access. Ive written this Vacation time app many times in Access.
Developing your own app is the best way to learn.
You dont use a screwdriver to hammer in nails. The right tool for the right job.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, we do not have Access. I am trying to work within the limited tools that I have, and unfortunately, Excel is my only option here...:(

you really should not use Excel for this, instead learn Access. Ive written this Vacation time app many times in Access.
Developing your own app is the best way to learn.
You dont use a screwdriver to hammer in nails. The right tool for the right job.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back