Vacation Taken vs Vacation Scheduled

Gtrtim112

I had this post on another board and someone suggested that I give this board a try. I'm trying to make this spreadsheet figure an employees vacation that has been taken (according to the current days date) vs what that same employee has scheduled for tomorrow through the rest of the year.

My previous helper was able to get it to figure scheduled vs taken but only to the current month. For example, if someone had vacation scheduled for tomorrow, April 30th. It would show as "Taken" even though that day hasn't happened yet, as it is only the 29th. He suggested a helper column of some sort but I'm not sure what to do to get it to work. I'm hoping someone here will have a brilliant idea. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I don't see a way to attch example sheets here, though. Am I missing something? The spreadsheet is way too large to try to post within this message box.:eek:

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Please post a small sample of your data.

The function COUNTIFS() is a probable solution. If you type in a few rows/columns here, someone will be able to give you the exact formula.

Upvote 0
Please post a small sample of your data.

The function COUNTIFS() is a probable solution. If you type in a few rows/columns here, someone will be able to give you the exact formula.

My spreadsheet columns go all the way to BU and the rows go all the way down to 283... not sure how to post a small example. You'd have to see it to understand what I'm talking about, I guess.

I'll try another board... thanks, though.

Upvote 0
You could show the 1st 4 rows and the unique columns, the remaining repetitive columns can be verbally described in words - eg: Col E is a date and Cols F-BU are sequential date fields.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back