Validate button (macro) for drop down lists

exelian

Hello. I've searched the internet for some time now for an answer regarding the ability to "control" a worksheet containing drop down lists. Basically I have a sheet where there are three drop down lists dependent on each other, and users can pick alternatives from the lists. The thing is that there are many users and they might want to add several "items" while they are working with the sheet so therefore it would be good to allow them to write what they need in a different sheet and then copy it all to the active sheet. If they do that with the Paste values-button the drop down list won't be overwritten but the items they copy over to the active list might not be among the alternatives in the drop down list.

So, is there any way to create a button with macro, which gives the user the possibility to validate the data to see if it is the same as the data in the drop down lists (and if not marks the cell with red color or something like that)?

I will give you an example of what I'm looking for. I'm new to macros and VBA so I don't know how to do this on my own, if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!

Validate.png

Imagine the user has pressed the "Validate"-button and the row has been marked red because he/she hasn't filled it correctly.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
I really need help with this. Would appreciate it so much if someone could take some time to help me.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back