Validate when modifying the Cell row

blader1989

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear all,

I have a file with lot of ID of doctors and following below is some example from my file.
IDFULL NAMEHCO_IDHCO_NAMEHCO_AddressHCO_Address ID
0012j00000BIaNAAXJames Black0012j00000BRBMQAA5BV 103 261 Phùng Hưng, Phúc La261 Phùng Hưng, Phúc Laa012j000002t6NiAAI
0012j00000BTGh0AAHMetal Gear0012j00000BRNMQAA5BV 109214 Tran Hung Daoa012j000002t6MiAAI

Each row is bind together (ID -> FULL NAME, HCO_ID -> HCO_NAME and HCO_Address ID -> HCO_Address) so is there any way that we can build the validation that if they input or copy wrong ID, it will show error.

For example above, if I input wrong ID in the ID column which same row with Metal Gear -> it will say "this ID is not correct" similar with HCO_ID and Address ID. Because in every quarter we will have the modification for our territory so I want to build this validation to prevent mistake in editing this file.

Thank you so much.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Hi,

What is a wrong ID?
Do you have a list with correct ID's or is it just a check, if the ID is already in the list?

/Skovgaard

Upvote 0
Hi,

What is a wrong ID?
Do you have a list with correct ID's or is it just a check, if the ID is already in the list?

/Skovgaard
Hi Skovgaard,

Yes we have the correct list for backup.

Like this example:
IDFULL NAMEHCO_IDHCO_NAMEHCO_AddressHCO_Address ID
0012j00000BIaNAAXJames Black0012j00000BRBMQAA5BV 103 261 Phùng Hưng, Phúc La261 Phùng Hưng, Phúc Laa012j000002t6NiAAI
0012j00000BTGh0AAHMetal Gear0012j00000BRNMQAA5

Suppose the ID: 0012j00000BIaNAAX is belong to James Black, then suddenly one of my teammate made mistake when copying or input the wrong ID like 0012j00000Badsaw2 --> popup will appear "this ID is not correct or you are copying wrong ID".

Maybe we will have the last option is double check with this file and the correct list file to validate by using the IF function but we hope there will be a better solution. Thank you.

Upvote 0
I'm still not sure what to check on...

1. When ID is pasted, do you want to check if this ID is in another list?
2. If you have a list of all doctors, another "check" could be a lookup on name and addresses...?

/Skovgaard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back