Validation, List and Named Ranges

Golden Age

I've posted these questions but I've heard no response, maybe my Topic name was terrible, or noone could understand a word I wrote or maybe I'm blacklisted. I'm still hopeful someone might help me out, tho.

So here's my spreadsheet:
Generator BtS.xls
IJKLM
2ParanormalStudiesPhysicalSkillsRogueSkillsScienceSkillsTechnicalSkills
3AstrologyHandtoHand:UntrainedCardsharpAnthropologyAppraiseAntiques
4Lore:Aliens&UFOlogyHandtoHand:BasicComputerHackingArchaeologyArtificialIntelligence
5Lore:AmericanIndiansHandtoHand:ExpertConcealmentArtificialIntelligenceBreedDogs
6Lore:Cattle&AnimalsHandtoHand:MartialArtsFindContrabandAstronomy&NavigationBusiness&Finance
7Lore:Cults&SectsHandtoHand:AssassinGambling(Standard)AstrophysicsComputerOperation
8Lore:Demons&MonstersHandtoHand:CommandoGambling(DirtyTricks)BiologyComputerProgramming
9Lore:Entities&GhostsAcrobaticsIDUndercoverAgentBotonyExcavation
10Lore:Faeries&CreaturesofMagicAerobicAthleticsImitateVoice&SoundsChemistryFirefighting
11Lore:Geomancy&LeyLinesAthletics(General)PalmingChemistry:AnalyticalGemology
12Lore:MagicBodyBuilding&WeightLiftingPickLocksorPickPocketsChemistry:PharmaceuticalGeneralRepair&Maintenance
13Lore:MagicArcaneBoxingProwlGeneticsHistory
14Lore:MythologyClimbRoadwiseMathematics:BasicJury-Rig
15Lore:Paranormal&PsionicsFencingSafe-CrackingMathematics:AdvancedLaw(General)
16Lore:ReligionForcedMarchSeductionParapsychologyLeatherWorking
17Lore:SuperstitionsGymnasticsStreetwisePsychologyMasonry
18Streetwise:WeirdJugglingTailingZoologyMeditation
19KickBoxingMining
20OutdoorsmanshipNavigation
21PhysicalLabourPhilosophy
22ProwlPhotography
23RunningRogueSkillsProspecting
24SwimRecycling
25SCUBAResearch
26WrestlingRopeWorks
27Salvage
28TechnicalWriting
29Ventriloquism
30Whittling&Sculpting
data

Just to clarify, the words "Rogue Skills" in cell k23 is actually a selection from a Validation List which includes all those Bold titles (Paranormal Studies, Physical Skills on over to Transportation Skills). And also, while this EXAMPLE is all taking place on the worksheet "data!", I actually want these Validation Lists and Column Lists to appear on the worksheet "skills!"

I would like to know:

1) How can I make a choice from my Validation List ("Rogue Skills") and ALL the skills underneath (from "Cardsharp" down to "Tailing") appear in cells L23 down to L38?
2) How can I make Excel randomly choose "Pick Locks" or "Pick Pockets"?
3) How can the next Validation List box wisely appear immediately under and to the left (K39 or K40 if I want some whitespace) of all those skills so that I can repeat what I did for question 1 over and over again?
4) If my next Validation List choice is Physical Skills, there will be an unwanted duplication of the skill "Prowl". How can I weed out duplicates?
5) And rather than having all those "Hand to Hand:" skills in one cell (like "Pick Locks" and "Pick Pockets" were necessarily arranged) to choose between, how can I make Excel choose one "Hand to Hand:" skill randomly? So that this skill list will extend from cells L38 down to L56 (assuming no whitespace, the skill "Prowl" was omitted and one "Hand to Hand:" was randomly chosen).

Answers to these questions will keep me going for weeks and weeks and weeks..... because I have buckets of data that need to follow the same principle except sometimes my choice won't be from a Validation List, but a Checkbox or Optionbox or simply a Named Range typed into a cell.
Thanks in advance!!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Apologies and Thank you

I do extend my apologies for abusing the board by starting a new thread on the same topic but the first Topic name was LOUSY and the post was VERY unclear, so help was scarce. I felt that a New Topic with a much better Topic name (and a sample using HTML Maker) would improve my chances for assistance. Thank you, Von Pookie for linking my two posts, you're absolutely right in that they are identical.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back