Validation list isssue

jperman

I want to create a very large validation list (approx 685 records). How can I get it so that when people using the spreadsheet start to type a word from the validation list ir automatically fills in for you (such as in IE when your typing a web address you have already visited).....Any guidance would be great as my customers are fussing about looking through a list so long and manually picking out what they need.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I don't think it is actually possible using validation.

I think you need to use a combobox from the Control Toolbox toolbar.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help on how to do it with a combo box then? ive got the same problem. any way to this would be greatly appreciated

Upvote 0
Titus

What do you actually want to do?

Upvote 0
well the full extent of what i want to do is massive so im learning the idervidual errors to build up to that, but for now i have a databse of song slides for a powerpoint presentation i want a drop down box of all songs so i can say type in "Wh" and it will come up with the songs with the start word "What"
So how can you make a list box or some kind of box in excel to do this kind of thing? ive searched all over but have found nothing... either im looking for the wrong thing or just theres nothing out there (which i highly doubt)
In advance Thanks for your time!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back