validation List Macro

CIMS

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a spreadsheet which I have two validation lists. One has the user select a part out of the list. The second list is to describe how much they use this part. In the background of the workbook on a hidden page is where I have all of the math being done. Now, depending on which selection they pick for the usage (second list), I want it to change some numbers on the math sheet so that the math is adjusted accordingly. The math equations are already set up for each part, I just want the numbers in the cells to change, thus changing the answer accordingly.

I am just not sure how to assign values depending on a validation list selection or how to get the final math answer for the part selected (first list) to show up on the display sheet. I am going to have all the equations for each part already finished, just getting it to display the one for the part selected is what I don't know how to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Just letting everyone know that I have been searching the web since I posted and still have not found anything that describes how to do what I am looking to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back