Value as Searchable from formula results...

smcal15

HI ALL,

I have a sheet where column A pulls a specific number from the database (if you can call it that) as long as the database contains a corresponding "x" within the same row.

Formula in sheet T_PM column A.

=IF(Database!C3="x",Azalea_Code_39_Full_ASCII(CONCATENATE("A",Database!$A3)),IF(Database!K3="x",Azalea_Code_39_Full_ASCII(CONCATENATE("C",Database!$A3)),""))

Value returned: *A101*

*The Azalea_Code_39_Full_ASCII is a module which changes text to a format which is recognizable by my bar code scanner after it's been changed to barcode font.

In sheet T_PM, column C, I want to have the actual value from column A in the barcode font. However, every formula I use makes the value unsearchable by the barcode reader.

Example. if in sheet t_PM column B, I put =$A3, the barcode displayed in C3 = A101, but when a lookup macro asks A101 it will not return the value as being in column C...or returns the values in the actual formula.

Can anyone tell me how to make column C equal the value in column A, and have my lookup macro return the actual value not the formula?

...it's probably something simple, but my brain is scrambled and I feel like I'm beating my head against a wall.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - I'm new to the forum, so if I'm not posting this right, please point me in the right direction.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Are you asking how to convert a text string like "A101" into a cell reference?

If yes, you would use the INDIRECT function to convert text into a cell reference.

=INDIRECT("A101")
or if cell C3 had the text "A101" then
=INDIRECT(C3)

Upvote 0
No, I think its the opposite...the cell reference into a text string.

I'm trying to pull the text value of column A into column C so that I can change the font style to a barcode. However, in order for the lookup macro to find the "text" value, it must somehow be displayed only as that text value.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
Example.

If I ask for the value A101 in my lookup macro (which is in cell C3)...it returns cell C101 that is asking for the value in cell A101.

Upvote 0
...if I copy and past (value only) from cell A3 into C3 the lookup macro works fine and only finds cell C3 with the value *A101*

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back