Value based on Color

blee4372

Is it possible color a cell & have a value populate another cell?
So if I filled cell D1 with RGB(0, 176, 80)...Cell A1 would ="1".
<colgroup><col width="64" style="width: 48pt;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Roderick_E

Depends how you plan to trigger the event, as manually changing a cell color does NOT trigger an event.
How is the cell being colorized?

blee4372

Depends how you plan to trigger the event, as manually changing a cell color does NOT trigger an event.
How is the cell being colorized?

I was going add the color Manually:(...I have a Macro that is tracking changes made to a worksheet. But it only tracks value changes...not if the cell's color is change.

Roderick_E

I was going add the color Manually:(...I have a Macro that is tracking changes made to a worksheet. But it only tracks value changes...not if the cell's color is change.
I don't think you will be able to reliably trigger the event. If the colorized cell can be tied to a data validation dropdown, such as Red,Blue,Green and then as the user selected a color it actually colorizes the cell; THEN you could use that selection to do something to the other cells.

blee4372

I don't think you will be able to reliably trigger the event. If the colorized cell can be tied to a data validation dropdown, such as Red,Blue,Green and then as the user selected a color it actually colorizes the cell; THEN you could use that selection to do something to the other cells.
Thanks for your help...I will give that try:).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelNumber1

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics