#Value! Error

jason_1

Hey

I have the following formula -
Code:
=COUNTIF('\\Europemuk317\HSD\HNG REPORTING & TREND TEAM\[Frontline HNG fad list.xls]Horizon Online Branches'!$C:$C,"30/07/2010")

Which produces a #VALUE!, the cell above has the following formula
Code:
=COUNTIF('\\Europemuk317\HSD\HNG REPORTING & TREND TEAM\[Frontline HNG fad list.xls]Horizon Online Branches'!$C:$C,"29/07/2010")

This work correctly as does every cell above for the last 2 months. The file it links to contains the data needed and hasn't been changed in any way. The same error is also happening on the cell below for the 31/07/2010.

Any Ideas?

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
You are performing a count on a text string rather than a date value - try writing your COUNTIF like this:

=COUNTIF('\\Europemuk317\HSD\HNG REPORTING & TREND TEAM\[Frontline HNG fad list.xls]Horizon Online Branches'!$C:$C,DATEVALUE("30/07/2010"))

Note that COUNTIF only works with open workbooks - so the target workbook (ie Frontline HNG fad list.xls) must be open when this formula recalculates.

Upvote 0
Hi Richard,

I have just changed the formula to the one above, and it still produces a #value! error.

It is also producing it on another cell with the following formula: =COUNTIF('\\Europemuk317\HSD\HNG REPORTING & TREND TEAM\Daily\HNG Call Analysis\JULY\[July HNG calls.xls]3007'!$M:$M,"WK????????")

It's only happening on the 31st and 30th, all cells about work fine with no issues

Upvote 0
Hi richard,

Both files were open at the time. I sent you a like via PM to the file download, i hope you don't mind.

Many Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi Jason

I have replied to your PM. I couldn't reproduce the error (it worked as expected for me). I did note that you could reference the B column cell containing your date rather than writing it out in the Countif again:

=COUNTIF(Range,B53)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back