Value from list depending on conditions that should start over once finished

yomarcos

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello everyone,

I need your help.

I have a table of employees. I want to provide an alternative in case there is a clash with dates or amount of hours worked. I managed to get a formula that goes through my list of employees but it only goes through once. I want it to start over if there is no conflict.

The formula is for column J. It should work for both teams. I only used Team2 to make it easier to read

Example

1629227914261.png

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
My apologies. My explanation was not very clear.

I am looking for a formula for column J. I want 3 possible outcomes:

1. "Ok to Allocate" - when the preferred option on Column F is free during the period of time chosen between Column C and Column D for the amount of hours per day needed in Column 3.
  2. Another person from the list of that team who is free during that period for those hours when the preferred option is not available (this is where a can't manage to get it done properly
  3. "Contractor" - when nobody on the list is available during that period for those hours per day

Formulas I am using:

Column G (Conflict) =if((if(or(F2=0,A2=0),false,sumproduct((A2=$A$2:$A$13)*(F2=$F$2:$F$13))>1))=false,if(AND(SUMPRODUCT(($C2<=$D$2:$D$13)*($D2>=$C$2:$C$13)*($F2=$F$2:$F$13)*($B2=$B$2:$B$13))>=1,sum(if(H2>1,FILTER($E$2:$E$13,F2=$F$2:$F$13,H2=$H$2:$H$13),E2))>8),true,false),true)

Column H (Number of conflicts per person per period of time) =SUMPRODUCT(($C2<=$D:$D)*($D2>=$C:$C)*($F2=$F:$F))

Column I (Available hours per day for person chosen) =8-sum(if(H2>1,FILTER($E$2:$E$36,F2=$F$2:$F$36,H2=$H$2:$H$36),E2))

Column J (Alternative) =ArrayFormula(if($A2<>0, if($F2<>0,(IF($G2=False,"Ok to Allocate",if(INDEX(INDEX($A$16:$B$21,0,MATCH($B2,$A$15:$B$15,0)),SMALL(IF(ISNA(MATCH(INDEX($A$16:$B$21,0,MATCH($B2,$A$15:$B$15,0)),$F$2:$F$13,0)),ROW(INDEX($A$16:$B$21,0,MATCH($B2,$A$15:$B$15,0)))-ROW($A$16)+1),COUNTIFS($B$2:$B2,$B2,$G$2:$G2,$G2)))="","Contractor",INDEX(INDEX($A$16:$B$21,0,MATCH($B2,$A$15:$B$15,0)),SMALL(IF(ISNA(MATCH(INDEX($A$16:$B$21,0,MATCH($B2,$A$15:$B$15,0)),$F$2:$F$13,0)),ROW(INDEX($A$16:$B$21,0,MATCH($B2,$A$15:$B$15,0)))-ROW($A$16)+1),COUNTIFS($B$2:$B2,$B2,$G$2:$G2,$G2)))))),""),"No Project selected"))

Cell J11 results in "Contractor". I was expecting to say "Mary" as she is someone from the team needed that would be free during that period of time for the amount of hours needed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back