#value on some cells only

dilyanyordanov

Hi guys, I am doing a report for work and I used vlookup for some of the cells to go find information from other sheets. The problem is with a particular person's name only... excel gives me #value on specific cells only. Others work fine.... All data type is either general or number. I tried and changed it but nothing... I copied one of the sheets from another person which everything was calculated ok...but still the same problem occurs. Any suggestions ?

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi dilyanyordanov!

#value should cause many things, look around here (office support) And/or you have to give us more info.

Upvote 0
Only reason I can think of getting a value error on a VLOOKUP result is if there is a value error in the lookup table.

Upvote 0
What do you mean by value error ? I have the same sheets for different people and on their sheets I don't get any errors.

Upvote 0
You said there was a value error! Have you looked for leading or trailing spaces?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The point is that if VLOOKUP cannot find a match for the lookup value, it returns #N/A and not #VALUE. The latter should only be returned if the result cell in the lookup table contains a #VALUE error, or if you are including some other calculation in the VLOOKUP formula.

Upvote 0
Ok, a little more info...The cell that returns #value is "=g20*e20" ..... that's it... and it doesn't work for 3 cells in the column and works for the rest... g20 is a vlookup ...and e20 has an index function.

Upvote 0
What is the value of the two cells in the row where the error is occurring?

Upvote 0
e20 is .... 521.09 ....g20 is 0.66.... Right now they are in "general" type... used to be in "numbers"
8rzn0f4u9

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back