Value

minrush

Board Regular
When I type 0012345 in a cell

the cell shows only 12345

when I print it also shows 12345

I want to be able to see 0012345 and print 0012345

Same problem.. when I input 12,000 it shows as 12,000 but when i utilize in a database and print.. it only shows as 12000.. I want to print with the comma..

Please help

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi

Select the cell where you want to display 0012345. Then click on Excel Menubar --> Format --> Cells --> Number tab --> Select "Custom" in Category. On the right side under the option "Type:", enter 0000000 --> finally click on OK.

I have not tested this but a "Print Preview" shows me that if you try to print the number after applying the above format, it would show "0012345" on the page.

Upvote 0
Stormseed, unfortunately this would not hold true for 12,000 as this would become 00120000.

Upvote 0
Hi Luke

There is no need to apply the custom format to "12000" (without quotes). Just a click on 'comma style' option on the toolbar would format it as a comma seperated value and it would be displayed as "12,000" (without quotes). Do a print preview on this too and it will print "12,000" (without quotes).

This is working for me perfectly on Excel 2002.

Upvote 0
Yes but you're then formatting cells individually, formatting column/range as Text would cater for all cells.

Upvote 0
Luke, I ain't saying my post as a solution is better or more useful than yours. I would leave it to the OP to use whichever solution with which he / she is comfortable :)

Our job was to provide help to the OP and we did that fair enough ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back