Values randomly multiplied by 10.000.000.000.000,00 when importing data through connection

ramseydk

Hi,

I have a really weird problem.

I have an Excel file with dead values from an accounting system. They are in a table and nothing else. In another file I would like to make a link to this table through a connection. I add the connection and at first the numbers come in correctly, but then when I refresh the data some of the cell values are randomly multiplied by 10.000.000.000.000,00 (or another large number). It does not make sense to me. There are no formulas or anything like that. Just the link to the file/values.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going on and how I can fix this? I have tried fiddling with the formatting, starting over many times in new documents, restarting Excel, my machine, etc. (I am using Excel 2016).

I would very much like to paste an example, but I have never been able to figure out how to insert a picture in this forum.

Hope someone can help nevertheless.

Thanks a lot,

Naomi

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back