Various table copy and pasting needed

Falcons88

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

I have posted a few things recently that have really helped and I really do appreciate every bit of help I get. I am creating a bookkeeping template for my mate to use (he's recently become a sole trader), I know what I need but I don't have the knowledge of VBA to do it which is why I've been asking for help. The latest thing I'm trying to do is as follows:

I am trying to copy certain cells from "Input Sheet" into various tables I have set up in "Chart of Accounts" sheet, the tables are set up with below names:

Revenuecredittable1
Direct Costscredittable2
Overheadcredittable3
Fixed Assetcredittable4
Current Assetcredittable5
Current Liabilitycredittable6
Non-current Liabilitycredittable7
Equitycredittable8
VATcredittable9
Realised Currency Gainscredittable15
Accounts Receivabledebittable16
Historicalcredittable18
Roundingcredittable19
Retained Earningscredittable20
I have set up each table with the below headers:
1625832645591.png

I am trying to copy from the example below, B7 into [Date], A5 (there is white text in there) into [Source], E7 into [Reference] along with H for each item listed with column L determining which table it goes into.
To make things even more complicated I was needing the figure in H to go in either [Credit] or [Debit] determined by Column L (as matched with list above)

"Input Sheet"
1625831141065.png

I hope this makes sense and again I really appreciate the help.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Set up an intermediate row somewhere out of the way with the same headings as your target table (perhaps immediately above or below that table is a good idea). Then in this intermediate table, use direct cell references to the cells that need copying: =B7 for Date, =A5 for Source, etc. For the debit and credit you can use something smarter using the IF function, I'm sure you'll figure that one out.
Then all your code needs to do is copy the intermediate row into the table.

Upvote 0
Solution
Set up an intermediate row somewhere out of the way with the same headings as your target table (perhaps immediately above or below that table is a good idea). Then in this intermediate table, use direct cell references to the cells that need copying: =B7 for Date, =A5 for Source, etc. For the debit and credit you can use something smarter using the IF function, I'm sure you'll figure that one out.
Then all your code needs to do is copy the intermediate row into the table.
Thanks for the advice, I knew I was overcomplicating things lol

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back