VB code needed for a complex job

yummy

Board Regular
I want to create charts for weekly evulations of people in many different categories. Here is how it should work. On worksheet 2, I have a lots of data in many tables and I want to make graphs using this data with MACRO. The data is organized as followsTable 1:1) Cell A1 contains the TITLE of the first table. The title is the name of the week such as 13-12-2010.2) Cells A3 to A(i) contains the names of PERSONS. Since the data is generated dynamically, I dont know the number of cells that contains the number of persons. (around 30 probably)3) Cell B2 to B(i) contains the names of EVALUATION CATEGORIES such as "Mannners". Since the data is generated dynamically, I dont know the number of cells that contains the number of categories. (around 20 probably)4) The table itself contains EVULATION NUMBERS such as the PERSON A in CATEGORY 1 (i.e. "Manners") has a value of 5 and so on. Table 2:Next, I have table two that contains the TITLE of next table. The name would be something like 20-12-2010. Two tables are seperated by a vacanat row. Table 2 contains the data as I have described for table 1 and so on. The NAMES of the persons and the CATEGORIES would exactly be the same. Only the week is different. The number of tables are also generated dynamically. So here is what I want to do. Whenever I run the macro, in the same workbook, I want to create new worksheets that contains the Line Charts ((XY (Scatter) and Line charts). as follows.1) The names of first PERSON become the new worksheets name.2) The TITLE of the tables (the weeks) become the x-axis of the LINE chart. 3) The EVALUATION NUMBERS become the y-axis.Next, a new worksheet is created after the previous worksheet that is titled as next PERSON from the dataand a similar chart is generated for this person as well.This process continues until the worksheets (Line charts) for all the persons are created. Each worksheet contains the line chart of weekly evaluations for that person. Is it possible to do it using VB Macro? Can anybody write the VB code for this one ?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I want to create charts for weekly evulations of people in many different categories.
Here is how it should work. On worksheet 2, I have a lots of data in many tables and I want to make graphs using this data with MACRO.
The data is organized as followsTable 1:
1) Cell A1 contains the TITLE of the first table. The title is the name of the week such as 13-12-2010.
2) Cells A3 to A(i) contains the names of PERSONS. Since the data is generated dynamically, I dont know the number of cells that contains the number of persons. (around 30 probably)
3) Cell B2 to B(i) contains the names of EVALUATION CATEGORIES such as "Mannners". Since the data is generated dynamically, I dont know the number of cells that contains the number of categories. (around 20 probably)
4) The table itself contains EVULATION NUMBERS such as the PERSON A in CATEGORY 1 (i.e. "Manners") has a value of 5 and so on.

Table 2:Next, I have table two that contains the TITLE of next table. The name would be something like 20-12-2010.
Two tables are seperated by a vacanat row.
Table 2 contains the data as I have described for table 1 and so on. The NAMES of the persons and the CATEGORIES would exactly be the same. Only the week is different. The number of tables are also generated dynamically.
So here is what I want to do. Whenever I run the macro, in the same workbook, I want to create new worksheets that contains the Line Charts ((XY (Scatter) and Line charts). as follows.
1) The names of first PERSON become the new worksheets name.
2) The TITLE of the tables (the weeks) become the x-axis of the LINE chart.
3) The EVALUATION NUMBERS become the y-axis.Next, a new worksheet is created after the previous worksheet that is titled as next PERSON from the dataand a similar chart is generated for this person as well.
This process continues until the worksheets (Line charts) for all the persons are created. Each worksheet contains the line chart of weekly evaluations for that person.
Is it possible to do it using VB Macro?
Can anybody write the VB code for this one ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back