VB Macro Help

DaveT7297

I use excel a lot, but I am new to the VB side of things. What I am trying to do is create a workbook that has worksheets in it that I can date with Mon thru Fri only for a one month period. On a reset tab I would also like to have a monthly reset button for my staff that they can click on and have a box pop up that asks for "The New Start Date". Once they enter for example 9/1/2014 and hit ok the ws tabs will show the date sfor that month for Monday thru Friday only. I had a partner that is no longer with us that had made a sheet back about 10 yrs or so that does this but on a 3 week 6 day cycle. I have tried to use that plan but I am so new to this my eyes started to cross. Any help I can get would be awesome.

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi, a couple of questions.
1) Will the tabs read something like 8-27 TUES
2) When its time to reset, what happens to the existing tabs?
a) overwrite tab names (this could cause issues with which data one the tab goes with what tab)
b) create new tabs for new month

Upvote 0
Basically there will be a master file. What we will have them do is Save-As and name the file whatever month it is. Then in that new file I would like for them to click on "Change Date". when the enter the new start date and hit ok. My goal in doing that is to have all the date populate on the tabs. The read-out can read as MMM-DD. Once the end of the month rolls around I have a different file that will read info from this sheet but basically the sheet will be untouched once a new month comes around, as the will create a new workbook for the new month with save as off this master.
The workbook is more or less a tracking file. Our staff enters backhaul information for any given day and then it is archived for later research if needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back