VB Macro Solution for searching specifics worksheets and entering data

Stephen1313

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am new to MACROs and VB. However, I am building a master personnel data base with automations. In the core worksheet we will input data metrics regarding performance etc. In four other worksheets that break the students down by their class and each year the data migrates (freshmen to sophomore, sophomore to junior etc.) I have already written a macro for the end of the year that transitions the data from one worksheet to another. I have come to the conclusion though that this will likely break any cell reference links if I were to establish them to pull data entered on the master sheet that is referenced in the breakout class sheets.

So here is conceptually what I am trying to do. On the master "Student Data" sheet, it is organized by student last names contained in column A4 and below. Fitness Score data is one of the referenced data points and will be entered in column N. I would like to write a macro that when executes first determines whether to execute the search and subsequent data entry only if the value in cell N4 greater than or equal to 270. If true it searches for the last name contained in the Master student Data sheet A4 cell across the "Freshmen", "Sophomore", "Junior", and "Senior" worksheets only until it finds the student. once that name is found enters the integer 1 based on a positional reference from the active cell where the name was found(these columns do not change. If possible the positional reference could be linked to an if statement like If(AND(N4>=270,N4<280,119,IF(AND(N4>=280,N4<290,110,IF(AND(N4>=290,N4<300,101,92)))))) would it then be possible to loop this for the remaining names in the A4 column and fitness scores in the N4 columns of the master student data sheet?

Thanks for any help or thoughts!

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back