vb question

macangc

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Hi all

I have a spreadsheet that i would like to be able to do the following but not sure how.

I have an exported file that i have set up some very basic vb to collate and sort the data into easily understood info. but what i cant do is on the 1st column it will put the users name and then in the 2nd column it has other information, now the 2nd column can have multiple rows of information but i need the name in the 1st column to be on every row. This is variable and i only want it to have the name in all the rows untill it reaches the next name in the column then stop and do the same with all the names below.

can anyone help please

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
This can be easily done. turn on autofilter on the header of your table. Into the first cell which is blank but you would like to contain the name put a formula like this (i.e. the first blank cell is "A2") ="A1". Then copy this cell (Ctrl+C), then filter out all blank cells in column "A", select them and paste (Ctrl+V).

I hope that my explanation is understandable... :eek:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the prompt response, it is appreciated.

The problem I have is that the column has numerous names within it, and i would like the blank cells under each individual to populate untill it reaches the next name and then carry on with the new name etc etc untill it reaches the bottom of the sheet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back