VBA a code review and help for Copy pasting data form 1 to another excel

sudhansu121

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi Experts,

I have a code which I have gathered by doing some research in Google and this working fine for me . Suddenly the requirements have been changed and need to modify the code accordingly.

VBA Code:
Sub MissingVisit()
    Dim wb As Workbook

On Error Resume Next
    Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xlsx*), *.xlsx"))
    On Error GoTo 0

If wb Is Nothing Then
        MsgBox "File selection was cancelled." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Exiting...", , "No File Selected"
        Exit Sub
    End If

ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Missing Visit ").Rows("2:" & Rows.Count).ClearContents
    Worksheets("Missing Visits").Activate
    With wb.Worksheets(1).Cells(2, 3).Resize(wb.Worksheets(1).UsedRange.Rows.Count, 1)
        '.AutoFilter field:=4, Criteria1:="Missing item"
        .Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy
        ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Missing Visit ").Cells(2, 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    End With

With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Missing Visit ").Columns(1)
        .NumberFormat = "General"
        .Value = .Value
    End With

wb.Close False
End Sub

I use this to select a workbook with only worksheet and then copy the column 3 data into my master macro sheet.
Now we have 1 master macro sheet and 1 Workbook with multiple sheets.

I want to run the macro and it should go to the Workbook and select the name of the worksheet (as per the macro name) and copy paste the data in the master workbook.

Could you please review the code and suggest ?

Attachments

• sheets.PNG
    sheets.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: VBA a code review and help for Copy pasting data form 1 to another excel
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: VBA a code review and help for Copy pasting data form 1 to another excel
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem

I have now removed marked the other one as solved(did not find a solution to it so.) .

Upvote 0
If you actually read the rules, you will see that cross-posting is absolutely fine as long as you provide the links.

Upvote 0
@sudhansu121 - "Mark as Solution" is not "Close this thread" equivalent and there is no thread closure in the MrExcel Message Board. If there is no solution in a thread, then leave it without marking a post as the solution.

Please read this for more details.

Upvote 0
I have now find out the solution.

VBA Code:
Sub MissingVisit()
Dim wb As Workbook

On Error Resume Next
Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xlsx*), *.xlsx"))
On Error GoTo 0

If wb Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "File selection was cancelled." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Exiting...", , "No File Selected"
Exit Sub
End If

With wb.Worksheets("Missing Visit").Cells(2, 3).Resize(wb.Worksheets("Missing Visit").UsedRange.Rows.Count, 1)
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Missing Visit ").Cells(2, 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End With
With wb.Worksheets("Missing item").Cells(2, 3).Resize(wb.Worksheets("Missing item").UsedRange.Rows.Count, 1)
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(""Missing item"").Cells(2, 1).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End With

With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(""Missing item" ").Columns(1)
.NumberFormat = "General"
.Value = .Value
End With

wb.Close False
End Sub

And it is working as expected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back