VBA - A line code to manipulate

montecarlo2012

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello.
Trying to explain to myself VBA. I got the anatomy of this code in order to understand How to change or manipulate the for loop results any way I need,
1599004762543.png

so what I learn from here is:
Cells(Rw, "H").Value = Cells(Rw, "H").Value + Cells(Rw, Cl).Value
with this line I can get my result on a column or for me just a vertical answer.
now if I want HORIZONTAL answer I know I can change for this one
Cells(30, Rw).Value = Cells(30, Rw).Value + Cells(Rw, Cl).Value
so I will get all my results in one row, or for me just an horizontal answer.

In this moment my question is:
Rows(0).Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(--(" & rngData.Resize(NoRows - i, 1).Address(0, 0) & "=" & .Columns(1).Address(0, 0) & "))"
with this line I get horizontal answers, then
how can I change this line to get VERTICAL answer.
Thanks for reading.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
if you mean you want to do something similar with adding up a column then switch the inner and outer for loops.
I may be able to suggest some alternatives if I can understand what you are trying to achieve and what limitations you are trying to overcome. I'm assuming your question is something of a simplification of your actual situation.
If you can share some sample of your data and the desired output someone in the forum may be able to make a more useful suggestion.

Upvote 0
Rondeondo
Thank you so much for your offer,
I have a code with a sumproduct formula, and this line display all the results on row 2 starting on column I,
But now would be better for me to be able to see this results in different way, like this:
1599200662522.png

And this is the code I need help ,
VBA Code:
Sub ge_sh()

Dim rngStart As Range, rngData As Range
         Dim Diff1 As Long, Diff2 As Long, NoRows As Long, NoCols As Long, i As Long
         Dim s As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
         Application.Calculation = xlManual

Set rngData = Range("B3:G2720")

NoRows = rngData.Rows.Count
                                    NoCols = rngData.Columns.Count
                                    Diff1 = 6
                                    Diff2 = 60

Set rngStart = Range("I3").Resize(, NoCols)
                           For i = Diff1 To Diff2
                                          With rngStart.Offset(, (NoCols + 1) * (i - Diff1)).Resize(NoRows - i)

.Rows(0).Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(--(" & rngData.Resize(NoRows - i, 1).Address(0, 0) & "=" & .Columns(1).Address(0, 0) & "))"
                                                                    .Rows(0).Font.Bold = ture

'*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
' formula ::::   = AVERAGE (B4:B5)
'**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

.Formula = "=TRUNC(Average(" & rngData.Resize(i + 1, 1).Address(0, 0) & "))"

'**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

s = .Cells(1, 1).Address(0, 0)
                                                                     With .FormatConditions
                                                                     .Delete
                                                                     .Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="=" & rngData(1, 1).Address(0, 0) & "=" & s
                                                                     .Item(1).Interior.Color = vbYellow

End With
                                    End With
                           Next i

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
       Application.Calculation = xlAutomatic

End Sub
as illustration, this code display something like:
1599200797752.png

so you can see what I am trying to get on sheet 2 is the same values but in different presentation.
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!B3:B2714=Sheet1!I3:I2714)) so now on sheet 2 I write this on B2 another for C2 etc until G =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!G3:G2714=Sheet1!N3:N2714))
so in order to go down I have to keep going changing each time, for each cell, so you imaging the rest, I still bad about to understand the with----end with and the offset inside and address
thanks again for offer your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcom

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back