wigarth

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Oh the headache this is causing...
I am sure there is a geniously simple solution to this, but neither me (or google) have discovered it yet.
(Google just doesn't understand the question I am asking it seems )

Here is the case:

We are a bunch of people using an Excel macro file stored on a server. (we can call it "File.xlsm")
"File.xlsm" contains several crucial macros that needs to function properly.
The file "imports" other data from the server, wich is from 3rd party software and other programs.
Because of this and integrity of the IT plattform it needs to be stored and handled from that server.

This was going fine for years (Until someone started uppgrading their Excel versions)

The new version of Excel (Ms-office 365) opens "File.xlsm" and everything works fine... But in the process of opening File.xlsm, it "corrupts" and makes some of the macros unable to run in the older versions. (Mostly Excel 2010)

I am thinking that it needs to be "saved" in an old format, but so far i haven't found this to be an option when saving the file. (Nor found any macros that can do just that)
And if a macro can do this, I would also need to prevent it from beeing corrupted and saved into a "new format" again.

Anyone with some hints to this Issue?
Am I the only one experiencing this? or Am i just that stupid?

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
But did the users that run MS-365 modify /had to modify the macros, to have them properly excecuted? Do all of you run 32 bits or 64 bits Excel, or do you have a mix of versions? Can you publish the code of one macro that now don't run on your Pc? Which is your Pc environment: Os, Office Vesrion, 32/64 bits?

Bye

Upvote 0
But did the users that run MS-365 modify /had to modify the macros, to have them properly excecuted? Do all of you run 32 bits or 64 bits Excel, or do you have a mix of versions? Can you publish the code of one macro that now don't run on your Pc? Which is your Pc environment: Os, Office Vesrion, 32/64 bits?

Bye
Hey and thanks for reaching out.

As far as I know, all of our 365 users have 64 bit and all of our 2010 users have 32 bit.

As long as we dont "mix" the two versions of Excel its working brilliantly, so there has to be something Excel 365 "does" to the file when opening it that corrupts it for the 2010 version.
Even if we dont change anything or do a "Save file" it will still be corrupted as soon as we open the file in Excel 365.

The Excel 365 users did not have to modify the code in any way, The 365 users have no issues with the macros. They just create problems for the rest.
The code is identical on both platforms. We have checked it several times.
We also backed up the code-text from a working file in excel 2010 and tried to paste it back in to the corrupted version without getting it to work.
It can be as you say that the office 2010 version is running 32 bits and the 365 is running 64 bits. But since the code is the same how do we buypass this issue? or even solve it?

for bussiness reasons I can't put up the macro in its full length here, but i can say that it evolves around sending emails and exporting ranges of data to the body of the email.
Another macro wich involves importing data from a seccondary xlsm file makes the macro on 2010 plattform say that its missing alot of DLL libraries. That DLL message does not dissapear before we do a full recovery of the original file.

Anyways thanks for replying. Really appreciate it.
Best reggards:
Wigarth

Upvote 0
Open vba editor, Menu /Tool /References; if there are "Missing" libraries listed here then make a screenshot of that missing list and publish it.
Also, it is not clear whether you receive any error message when try working with the file or in which way "it fails"
Probably at the end you should call the provider of that solution

Bye

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back