VBA Array Formula

pwill

Hi, can anyone help with this Array Formula?

I have formulas that I add to sheet1 through vba that adds rows from columns "A", "B" & "E:K" to columns "AI","AJ" & "AK:AQ" and then apply autofill down to the number of rows required. The formula for Columns "AK:AQ" puts the values in order small to large from columns "E:K"

Column “A2:A” has Dates
Column “B2:B” has Ref No’s 1 to 10
Columns “E2:K” have numerical values

.Formula = "=(A" & r & ")"
.Formula = "=(B" & r & ")"
.FormulaArray = "=SMALL(E" & r & ":K" & r & ",{1,2,3,4,5,6,7})"

This Sub works fine when autofill is applied and adds 10 rows to columns "AI","AJ" & "AK:AQ" from columns "A", "B" & "E:K

Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Sub addrows[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Dim r As Long[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]r = 2[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Range("AI2"),Formula = "=(A" & r & ")"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Range("AJ2"),Formula = "=(B" & r & ")"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Range("AK2:AQ2").FormulaArray = "=SMALL(E" & r & ":K" & r & ",{1,2,3,4,5,6,7})"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]r = 11[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Range("AI2:AQ2").AutoFill Destination:=Range("AI2:AQ" & r), Type:=xlFillDefault[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]End Sub[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

I want the same results without the autofill and have tried the following code. Columns “AI” & “AJ” apply correctly by increasing one row at a time but I can’t get the Array Formula to apply from “AK2” through to “:AQ11” it applies the formula ok to “AK2:AQ2” but “AK3” through to “:AQ11” just repeats “AK2:AQ2 instead of increasing each row as with the rows in columns “AI” & “AJ”

Code:
[LEFT][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Sub addrows[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Dim r As Long[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]r = 2[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Range("AI2:AI11"),Formula = "=(A" & r & ")"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]Range("AJ2:AJ11"),Formula = "=(B" & r & ")"[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

[COLOR=#ff0000][LEFT]Range("AK2:AQ11").FormulaArray = "=SMALL(E" & r & ":K" & r & ",{1,2,3,4,5,6,7})"[/LEFT]
[/COLOR]

[LEFT][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]End Sub[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

If I change the line in red to ‘Range("AK2:AQ11").Formula = "=(E" & r & ")" I get the correct results and increases one row at time the same as columns “AI” & “AJ” but it does not order the values small to large.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards

pwill

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
With array formulas, first you need to enter the formula in the first row (ie. AK2:AQ2), and then you can copy the formula down to AK11:AQ11, for example...

Code:
With Range("AK2:AQ11")
    .Rows(1).FormulaArray = "=SMALL(E" & r & ":K" & r & ",{1,2,3,4,5,6,7})"
    .FillDown
End With

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With array formulas, first you need to enter the formula in the first row (ie. AK2:AQ2), and then you can copy the formula down to AK11:AQ11, for example...

Code:
With Range("AK2:AQ11")
    .Rows(1).FormulaArray = "=SMALL(E" & r & ":K" & r & ",{1,2,3,4,5,6,7})"
    .FillDown
End With

Hope this helps!

Thanks Domenic, that does help, I thought it would be different for Array formulas, just needed clarification. Much appreciated

pwill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back