VBA - Array Help

TheNoocH

I'm in the process of trying to teach myself arrays...
for the most part i've been using cells in a worksheet to handle what i want to do...but i want to try and avoid using the worksheet...i'm assuming arrays would be the best replacement...

here's essentially what i want to try and accomplish...

1) enter data into an input box on a form and store it based upon one of 4 buttons i press....essentially i had 4 columns on the sheet and found the last row and stored the data in 1 row offset....assume for each command button that right(commandbutton,1) = 1, 2, 3, 4 to identify which column to store the data...

2) how do i declare the multidimensioned array especially since it will be dynamic in row size...the column size will always be the same...

3) any other basic info that may help me...

thanks for any help in getting me up to speed in arrays...

You know, it struck me that you have a third option for de-populating: 2 undo buttons, one for each data set... might be the simplest.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
hatman...that is what i have...in reality it's 4 ENTER buttons and 4 UNDO buttons...i have them named such that right(button,1) = 1, 2, 3, 4...so i use that to my advantage....

ok...so here's the latest...i successfully changed over the first part to arrays...now onto the second and much harder part...but i hope if i do it soon what you showed me will still be stuck...ha....

thanks so much for everything you helped me learn...i greatly appreciate it...BUT i may have more questions as i try to implement this into the tougher part of my code...

Upvote 0
Well there you go then! Glad to have helped... and if you get stuck, just post back, and I'll try to help you through.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiguekHeka

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back