VBA beginner. Suggested books on VBA for the beginner

graemeal

Platform
  1. Windows
Does anyone have any suggestions on tutorial books (for the absolute beginner) on VBA.

I know quite a lot about excel but only played around with macro's by "record new macro" and then using key strokes to record it.

Regards

Graeme

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi Graeme

I'm going to move this to the Excel Discussions forum. In the meantime, and the book I always recommend for this:

Excel VBA Programming for Dummies by John Walkenbach

It's a superb book to start you off.

Upvote 0
If you know how to get around with Excel then the 'Brilliant' series are pretty good. I got a copy of 'Brilliant Excel 2007 VBA and Macros' to look at the new stuff for xL 2007 and found it very well written. Got to say though, the best way I think is to learn a little from the web/a book etc and then just play around and experiment and if you get really stuck then MrExcel is always there to help! =D

By the way - on the same thread - if anyone knows of any decent resources on VBA for office in general (i.e. working between excel, powerpoint, outlook etc) I'd appreciate it.

Arthur :eek:

Upvote 0
Hi Artur,

Helen Feddema has some interesting stuff. Check out the Code Samples page but look around the rest of the site too. She also wrote a book -- Access 2007 VBA For Data-Centric Microsoft Office Applications. Much of the content applies to earlier versions too.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back