VBA Buttons Copy and Paste Problem Any Ideas ?????

4 Barrel Harold

Hey Guys and Gals, 4BBL Harold here again with anotherproblem that I need help with.<o:p></o:p>
Here is brief description of the Workbook and the 2 sheetsin the workbook that I’m working on, on the first sheet “Report Selection” Ihave around 20-30 VBA buttons setup with different Report names on them , Mysecond sheet “Completed Reports” which has the 20-30 reports saved on it.<o:p></o:p>
1st step Atrandom if any of the 20-30 Report VBA Buttons are pressed on “Report Selection”sheet. Lets just say I press VBA Button “Report #8” and I have “Report #6” openon “Report Selection” sheet.I need tocopy “report #6” from “Report Selection” sheet and paste it over “report #6” onthe “Completed Reports” sheet. <o:p></o:p>
The location of “report #6” on” Completed reports” sheet isV225:AO297. I have put the range of “Reports #6” In the cell AJ225 on the“Completed Reports” and all other Reports have similar cell to tell VBA buttonwhere to paste completed report <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
2nd step “Report Selection” sheetresets cells on page due to other reportshave merged cells that sometimes causes problems with new report being pastedover existing merged cells not lining up<o:p></o:p>
3rd stepCopy “Report #8” From “Completed Reports” and Paste to D16 on “ReportSelection”<o:p></o:p>
4Th ActiveWorkbook.Save<o:p></o:p>
I’m not sure if this will have to be rewritten or just minoradjustments but I would like it short as possible and versital so the VBAbuttons have pretty much same code, I believe in Miracles<o:p></o:p>
Code:
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Application.ScreenUpdating = False<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]ActiveSheet.Unprotect<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Range("D16:W88").Select<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Application.CutCopyMode = False<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Selection.Copy<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Sheets("Completed Reports").Select[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]     <o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Range("????????").Select[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ß[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]the range of “Reports #6” is In the cell AJ225 on the “Completed Reports” and allother Reports have similar cell to tell VBA button where to paste completedreport<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Selection.Range("????????").Paste[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ß[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Sheets("Report Selection").Select<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Range("D16:W88").Select<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Application.CutCopyMode = False<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Selection.ClearContents<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]With Selection<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000].Orientation = 0<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000].AddIndent= False<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000].ReadingOrder = xlContext<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000].MergeCells = True<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]End With<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Range("D89:W89").Select<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Selection.Copy<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Range("D16:W88").Select<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ActiveSheet.Paste<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Sheets("Completed Reports").Select<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Range("A1:T73").Select [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ß[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Copy “Report #8” From “Completed Reports” and Paste to D16 on “ReportSelection” 

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Application.CutCopyMode = False<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]    <o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Sheets("Report Selection").Select<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]Range("D16").Select<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000]ActiveSheet.Paste<o:p></o:p>[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]ActiveSheet.Protect<o:p></o:p>[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Calibri]Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ActiveWorkbook.Save[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back