VBA CODE ACCESS

jmoney30

Office Version
  1. 2016
Hi,
I'm wondering if there is a way to export a query object from one ACCESS DB to multiple separate ACCESS DB via a loop. The only thing I can find is a docmd.transferdatbase but this transfers the data. I only want to transfer the created query without having to open up each individual database and saving the query because I have over 300 databases I would like to update. Or point me in the right direction because I've google this and not getting a hit.

Thanks

Wow, the What to do we can say is somewhat implied in the HOW to do. Funny how others understand the HOW to do and you're stuck on the WHAT to do. Again, this was answered many comments ago and you're still trying to figure out the WHAT to do.
As far as your analogy, analogies just remind you of topic and are not substance to a topic.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
OK jmoney30. I'll stop giving you general advice since you are only focused on the immediate problem at hand. Sorry for trying to save you some work. Won't happen again because I don't need your insults.
just show how smart you are
and you are judgemental (I know of his experience fairly well, and he is quite knowledgeable)
Again, the person above who has less experience

Upvote 0
Oh boy, no need to apologize with a flimsily attempt to make yourself look more judicious by appearing to help me. I only asked a simple question and many people read way into it.

Upvote 0
Funny how access novice understood what I'm asking for and pointed me in the right direction and they humbly use novice in their handle name.
If that was addressed about me?

Please don't think, I think 300 databases are 'normal' ? , especially when they contain the same structure. :(

I tend to adress what is being asked, and let you dig your own hole. :)

300 databases would sound a wanrning flag to me as well, but then I know that ths thread will blossom to over 30 replies, trying to make you see sense. :(

Easier to just hand you the spade. :)

Upvote 0
Wow, is that what you took from that? I was actually giving you a compliment because you pointed me in the right direction. As far as over 300dbs, for confidential reason I can't say why there are so many. If I told you why there are so many. You would say oh, and then lay in your own referenced "metaphorical grave".

Upvote 0
Not at all, again if that was addressed at me, just that my signature should be updated somewhat since I joined.

The main thing, is you hopefully have a solution.

Upvote 0
"this was answered many comments ago"
Perhaps you could record your solution here to help someone else with similar situation.

Upvote 0
Yes, he pointed me in the right direction. So far what I read it should work. I haven't coded it yet because working on other priorities This was some low hanging fruit, I wanted to take care of. Your statement would have more credence and seem well-intended if it was made many comments ago, sorry now it seems more of "toothless" attempt to call someone out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back