VBA code - Calculated weighted average in pivot table without 0 values

NieuwNat

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Dear all,

I hope you can help me with the following issue, because I'm completely new with VBA code and I'm learning at the moment.

I'm creating a Pivot table in Sheet B based on input from Sheet A. Let's assume I've the following lines.

Item numberTotal QtyTotal Price

I have the following code now:

This is for the calculation of the field:
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("ForecastPivotTable").CalculatedFields.Add Name:="WAVG Forecast Price", _
Formula:="=IFERROR(Calculated Finance Forecast/Calculated Sales Forecast,0)"

This is to show the field in the Pivot Table which is created with VBA Code:
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("ForecastPivotTable").PivotFields("WAVG Forecast Price")
.Orientation = xlDataField
.Function = xlSum
.NumberFormat = "0.00"

The result now is that the WAVG Forecast Price = 6,6. But this is incorrect. I would like to leave out all the lines for the item number with a 0 value in the Total Price and/or in the Total Qty. The result should be (100+200+360)=660 divided by (10+20+30)=60 = 660/60=11.

I hope somebody can help me out to find the correct Formula:= for this. I've tried several things I found on Google, like AVERAGEIFS or SUMPRODUCT, but nothing worked. Probably I made some mistakes.

Thank you very much for your help.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
Hi.
An alternative option for you. Why not flag the zero rows in your data source (Where E has the formula =AND(C4<>0,D4<>0)). Then you can use your calculated field (price/qty) in the pivot

1583849261233.png

Would that work for you?
Let me know
G12

Attachments

• 1583849205365.png
    1583849205365.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hi.
An alternative option for you. Why not flag the zero rows in your data source (Where E has the formula =AND(C4<>0,D4<>0)). Then you can use your calculated field (price/qty) in the pivot

View attachment 8658

Would that work for you?
Let me know
G12
Hi,

Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately this will not work for me. I've a lot of other data on Sheet A which I also need for my Pivot table to create. By filtering this out, it will become a problem for my other data as well. I only need to exclude the values from Total Price and Total Quantity, without filtering the other data. I hope you have a solution for this to. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Hi.
Can you give me more on the data source? The table you've shown really is the results of the pivot, right? But your weighted average cost will be the running sum until the last result (in your case excluding 0 values for cost or quantity). So when you summarize the data, you'll always be summing these fields unless you can identify a way to exclude them from the pivot table.

If I was doing a running weighted average on the data source, I'd use SUMIFS to have the running weighted average excluding zeros. But I'm not following the intent to pull this in the pivot when you have 5 results rows with the same item number.

=SUMIFS(D$3:D3,B$3:B3,B3,C$3:C3,"<>0")/IF(SUMIFS(C$3:C3,B$3:B3,B3,D$3:D3,"<>0")=0,1,SUMIFS(C$3:C3,B$3:B3,B3,D$3:D3,"<>0"))

HTH
G12

1583853147676.png

Upvote 0
Hi.
Can you give me more on the data source? The table you've shown really is the results of the pivot, right? But your weighted average cost will be the running sum until the last result (in your case excluding 0 values for cost or quantity). So when you summarize the data, you'll always be summing these fields unless you can identify a way to exclude them from the pivot table.

If I was doing a running weighted average on the data source, I'd use SUMIFS to have the running weighted average excluding zeros. But I'm not following the intent to pull this in the pivot when you have 5 results rows with the same item number.

=SUMIFS(D$3:D3,B$3:B3,B3,C$3:C3,"<>0")/IF(SUMIFS(C$3:C3,B$3:B3,B3,D$3:D3,"<>0")=0,1,SUMIFS(C$3:C3,B$3:B3,B3,D$3:D3,"<>0"))

HTH
G12

View attachment 8665
Hi,

No, the data in Sheet A is the base data I use to create a pivot table in Sheet B. The figures I gave were only a small part of the row in Sheet A.

In Sheet A I have a lot of lines with also columns like Period, Sales Channel, Line of Business, Total Qty, Total Price and many others. One Item Number can be used in different Sales Channels.

In the pivot table I summarize all data from Sheet A on Item level (without Sales Channels) and Period. Then I need the total of the Quantity and I need an weighted average on the Price, but excluding the lines where there is a 0 value for Total Qty or Total Price.

Upvote 0
Hi,

No, the data in Sheet A is the base data I use to create a pivot table in Sheet B. The figures I gave were only a small part of the row in Sheet A.

In Sheet A I have a lot of lines with also columns like Period, Sales Channel, Line of Business, Total Qty, Total Price and many others. One Item Number can be used in different Sales Channels.

In the pivot table I summarize all data from Sheet A on Item level (without Sales Channels) and Period. Then I need the total of the Quantity and I need an weighted average on the Price, but excluding the lines where there is a 0 value for Total Qty or Total Price.
Also, in the pivot table I have a Total qty where I need the Total Qty, even if the Total Price is 0. So, it should only exlude the line when calculating the Total Price.

Upvote 0
Also, in the pivot table I have a Total qty where I need the Total Qty, even if the Total Price is 0. So, it should only exlude the line when calculating the Total Price.
And maybe also good to know, the data in Sheet A is dynamic. Therefore I create a pivot table in Sheet B with VBA code to summarize my data.

Upvote 0
I still think this is a fix with the data source. As a last attempt, perhaps you can add adjusted price & quantities columns to the data source. Then in your pivot, create a calculated field which calculates the adjusted weighted average.

1583856256027.png

Best of luck

Upvote 0
I still think this is a fix with the data source. As a last attempt, perhaps you can add adjusted price & quantities columns to the data source. Then in your pivot, create a calculated field which calculates the adjusted weighted average.

View attachment 8671

Best of luck
Thank you very much. This is indeed a good workaround which I can use and didn't thought of. I was hoping to solve it with a formula, but this will also work for me. Thank you very much for your help today! It's much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back