VBA code for index match if multiple criteria are met

Atlantis764

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,
First of all I want to say that I am new to VBA code and I need your help.
I need to create a report for the hours worked by some experts on different projects. There are 100 experts that are working in 5 project. Each expert is working in every project.
I have a excel file with 4 sheets.
In the first sheet (named Home) I have a User Form with the following fields: Date, Employee Name (dropdown list), Project No (dropdown list) and No of hours worked.
When I save a new entry this is visible in a List Box in the Form and it is also automatically entered (new row for each new entry) in the second sheet (named Database). There are 4 columns here (from A to D) identically with the fields from the User Form.
The third sheet (named Hours) has 3 columns: Employee Name, Project No and No of hours allocated for each project.
The last sheet (Support) contain the dates for the dropdown lists that are in the User Form.
For the report I need to add in the second sheet (Database) on column E the No of hours allocated for each new entry. I used the excel formula INDEX-MATCH for each row (and copied down to row 10000) and the excel file is working slow because I already have 4000 rows. Because the formula is copied down when I have a new entry in the User Form (and automatically in the Database sheet) column E is automatically filled with the No of hours allocated.
Is there a VBA code to replace (or to avoid) using the Index-Match formula which makes the excel work slow?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Could you share curent code and INDEX formula? also image/snapshot (or XL2BB the best) to have a look to the sheets?

Upvote 0
Hi,
this is the formula that I'm using right now for each row in column E and it is working:
=IFERROR(INDEX(Hours!C:C:Hours!C:C,MATCH(1,(Hours!A:A:Hours!A:A=Database!D3722)*(Hours!B:B:Hours!B:B=Database!G3722),0)),"")
I have attached a picture with my screen (Database sheet). In my file the index-match is in column K (in my question I eliminated the unnecessary columns trying to be more clear).
Thanks!

Attachments

• Database.jpg
    Database.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back