VBA Code - macro for cell colour represented within bar chart (rows have conditional formatting) - help appreciated!

Dave-

Hi all!

Someone by the name of Andrew very kindly passed on some VBA code for highlighting cells with colours and then having a macro put the corresponding colours within bars on a chart. The following coding worked great, but then I put some conditional formatting on the cells so that when I updated my data (sourced from SQL) the dates within the data for weekdays (Mon to Fri) and weekends (Sat & Sun) stayed the same - the macro then stopped working. When I update the data on a daily basis I have two weeks worth of rows and lose a day at the top of the dataset and gain a day at the bottom - without a conditional format my cell colours for weekdays/weekends goes out of alignment. I don't want to keep changing the colours on the data when a lose/gain a day etc. Is there any way around the conditional formatting? If there's anyone who could help me out with this I'd really appreciate it - thank you! Coding Andrew supplied is as follows...

Sub CellColorsToChart() Dim oChart As ChartObject Dim MySeries As Series Dim i As Long Dim FormulaSplit As Variant Dim SourceRange As Range Dim Cell As Range Dim SourceRangeColor As Long ' Loop through all charts in the active sheet For Each oChart In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects ' Loop through all series in the target chart For Each MySeries In oChart.Chart.SeriesCollection ' Reset Points counter i = 0 ' Get Source Data Range for the target series FormulaSplit = Split(MySeries.Formula, ",") ' Capture the source range Set SourceRange = Range(FormulaSplit(2)) ' Loop around the cells in Sourcerange For Each Cell In SourceRange ' Get the cell's color SourceRangeColor = Cell.Interior.Color ' Increment Points counter i = i + 1 With MySeries.Points(i) On Error Resume Next ' Coloring for Excel 2003 .Interior.Color = SourceRangeColor .Border.Color = SourceRangeColor .MarkerBackgroundColorIndex = SourceRangeColor .MarkerForegroundColorIndex = SourceRangeColor ' Coloring for Excel 2007 and 2010 .MarkerBackgroundColor = SourceRangeColor .MarkerForegroundColor = SourceRangeColor .Format.Line.ForeColor.RGB = SourceRangeColor .Format.Line.BackColor.RGB = SourceRangeColor .Format.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = SourceRangeColor On Error GoTo 0 End With Next Cell Next MySeries Next oChart End Sub</pre>

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mesh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back