VBA Code Not Working on Files Saved to Cloud

masouder

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I assume this has been discussed already, but I can't anything directly on point. I am finding that VBA code does not work in various workbooks saved to cloud storage. I have several clients for whom I build all manner of different workbooks. Code in some of these workbooks for some of my clients does not work when those workbooks are saved to a cloud storage. The code that chokes varies and this does not happen to all clients. The code in these workbooks works perfectly when the workbook is saved to a local or traditional network drive.

Is there a solution to this issue that works in most or all cases or is this something that must be addressed case by case? Are code changes required? Is it a cloud or storage configuration issue?

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
What do you mean by "does not work"? Is there an error? Does it give an unexpected result? Does it give any result at all? Have they remembered to unblock the file prior to opening the woworkbook?

Some more information would be helpful.

Upvote 0
Thaks for the reply Dan. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot more info. This has happened a few times over the last couple of years and results varied. Sometimes an error message displayed on a line of code that did not make sense, sometimes Excel goes into Not Responding mode. As it has been spread out I don't recall specific error messages. The one that bis consistent is that as the files were moved to a local drive all worked correctly.

I was hoping that perhaps there is something that could be done covers most issues with code running in cloud environments.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back