VBA Code or Excel Function For Multiple Sheets in a Workbook

rjamend3

I know that there are probably threads that have answered this before, but I figured I'd start a fresh one as most of them are pretty old.

I have a workbook that was given to me where each participant receiving quarterly payments has their own tab (50+ tabs). Each participant has their own unique participant number as well as their own compounding fixed interest rate for their payments. Right now, I am manually finding the quarter and copying pasting it into another spreadsheet which leaves way too many opportunities for errors. I really was hoping that there could be a way to have a "master sheet" where I could input a date and a code runs iterations across all the different tabs and pulls the participant's name, date of payment, "weight of the payment", participant number, and the amount payable.

I have bought a "VBA Coding for Dummies" book, but I would at least like to know where to start on trying to build this code/function.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
Welcome to the board. It's quite broad and open what you're asking without enough specific details about your requirement (e.g. workbook name, summary sheet name, cell locations, source and detination details etc).

If you consider no-one can see your PC screen right now, how would you explain the problem then, say to a blind person?

This is a simple loop to loop through all the worksheets in the workbook the macro is called from:
Code:
Sub LoopSheets()

Dim ws as worksheet

For each ws in Thisworkbook.Worksheets
  ws.Select
  ws.cells(1,1).select
Next ws

End Sub

Upvote 0
Sorry to be so broad. Each sheet represents an individual participant which is also the name of each sheet. In each sheet,Column B is the number of payments remaining, Column D is date of the quarterly payment, and Column E is the Payment Factor that is multiplied to the final balance which gives you the gross quarterly payment amount. I would like to have a Sheet at the beginning of the workbook called the "Master Sheet" that I could put in a quarterly payment and it pulls the the participant's last name, payment factor, and the remaining payments. Once I have this information in the "Master Sheet", I would like to be able to copy and paste the payment information to another workbook to have it sent down to process the payment information.

Please let me know if you need any other specific information.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back