VBA code problem in different work environments

Dclark5

I have updated an old 95 vba project to 2010. Works fine on my home computer however when I installed it at my clients office, on 2 different machines, one specific routine stops. This specific routine does work in 95 on their machines.

The problem occurs in the renaming of the new added sheets. I use a temporary space at the bottom of a workbook to collect the existing sheets names (A, A01, A02, B,C etc) then continue the sequence for however many names (new sheets) are needed. On my home computer works fine. At the clients, code stops at the naming (sheets have been added) because it repeats only the first letter (A,A,A,A). Makes NO sense to me. BTW I might add they are still using my original program (Excel95, gasp) which this same routine works fine. 2010 is the issue.
Time issue on this, all help
appreciated.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
I don't understand what you're trying to do and how Excel 95 is connected with Excel 2010 (you said you use now Excel 2010). And where's code?

Upvote 0
The only reason I mentioned 95 was to show the same code ran fine on clients machine with 95 but not 2010, yet 2010 runs fine on my home computer. Both are Windows 7, Office 2010 Pro.
I will add the code when I get back to my machine.
Thank you.

Upvote 0
OK, no code needed. As I suspected it was a machine not code issue. On the trouble machine(s) I found that autofill doesn't work - at all. Whether you manually grab one cell, or 3 in a series cells, it will always return the first cell value. For example if you had "A" and "B" in a column, selected, dragged down you would get "A", not "C". On my machine it works fine, manually and with code. So has anyone seen the autofill not work?
Workbook Auto calculation is turned on. No filters in cells.
One clue was when you drag down and options box appears and according to other posts it should show a list of options where this machine only shows a few and "Fill Series" is not one of them.
Help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back