VBA code to auto-populate details for certain cells based on certain conditions

iAmPatch

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to auto-populate details for certain cells based on certain conditions:
  1. Columns A, I, L, and Z should auto-populate Date when Column B has information keyed in
  2. Column F should auto-populate "Walk In" and Column G should auto-populate "Endorsed to" when Column E has information keyed in
  3. Column K should auto-populate "Go" when Column J has information keyed in
  4. Column N and AA should auto-populate "No Go" when Column M has information keyed in

I did find a code which auto-populates Date in Column A when information is entered in Column B:
Code:
<code class="vb keyword">Private</code> <code class="vb keyword">Sub</code> <code class="vb plain">Worksheet_Change(</code><code class="vb keyword">ByVal</code> <code class="vb plain">Target </code><code class="vb keyword">As</code> <code class="vb plain">Excel.Range)</code>
<code class="vb comments">'Updated by Extendoffice 2017/10/12</code>
<code class="vb spaces">    </code><code class="vb keyword">Dim</code> <code class="vb plain">xRg </code><code class="vb keyword">As</code> <code class="vb plain">Range, xCell </code><code class="vb keyword">As</code> <code class="vb plain">Range</code>
<code class="vb spaces">    </code><code class="vb keyword">On</code> <code class="vb keyword">Error</code> <code class="vb keyword">Resume</code> <code class="vb keyword">Next</code>
<code class="vb spaces">    </code><code class="vb keyword">If</code> <code class="vb plain">(Target.Count = 1) </code><code class="vb keyword">Then</code>
<code class="vb spaces">        </code><code class="vb keyword">If</code> <code class="vb plain">(</code><code class="vb keyword">Not</code> <code class="vb plain">Application.Intersect(Target, </code><code class="vb keyword">Me</code><code class="vb plain">.Range(</code><code class="vb string">"B:B"</code><code class="vb plain">)) </code><code class="vb keyword">Is</code> <code class="vb keyword">Nothing</code><code class="vb plain">) </code><code class="vb keyword">Then</code> <code class="vb plain">_</code>
<code class="vb spaces">            </code><code class="vb plain">Target.Offset(0, -1) = </code><code class="vb keyword">Date</code>
<code class="vb spaces">        </code><code class="vb plain">Application.EnableEvents = </code><code class="vb keyword">False</code>
<code class="vb spaces">        </code><code class="vb keyword">Set</code> <code class="vb plain">xRg = Application.Intersect(Target.Dependents, </code><code class="vb keyword">Me</code><code class="vb plain">.Range(</code><code class="vb string">"B:B"</code><code class="vb plain">))</code>
<code class="vb spaces">        </code><code class="vb keyword">If</code> <code class="vb plain">(</code><code class="vb keyword">Not</code> <code class="vb plain">xRg </code><code class="vb keyword">Is</code> <code class="vb keyword">Nothing</code><code class="vb plain">) </code><code class="vb keyword">Then</code>
<code class="vb spaces">            </code><code class="vb keyword">For</code> <code class="vb keyword">Each</code> <code class="vb plain">xCell </code><code class="vb keyword">In</code> <code class="vb plain">xRg</code>
<code class="vb spaces">                </code><code class="vb plain">xCell.Offset(0, -1) = </code><code class="vb keyword">Date</code>
<code class="vb spaces">            </code><code class="vb keyword">Next</code>
<code class="vb spaces">        </code><code class="vb keyword">End</code> <code class="vb keyword">If</code>
<code class="vb spaces">        </code><code class="vb plain">Application.EnableEvents = </code><code class="vb keyword">True</code>
<code class="vb spaces">    </code><code class="vb keyword">End</code> <code class="vb keyword">If</code>
<code class="vb keyword">End</code> <code class="vb keyword">Sub</code>

I can't figure out how to replicate it though to meet the conditions listed above :(

Help please and thank you

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
How about
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.CountLarge > 1 Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
   Select Case Target.Column
      Case 2
         If Target.Value <> "" Then Intersect(Target.EntireRow, Range("A:A, I:I, L:L,Z:Z")).Value = Date
      Case 5
         If Target.Value <> "" Then Target.Offset(, 1).Resize(, 2).Value = Array("Walk In", "Endorsed to")
      Case 10
         If Target.Value <> "" Then Target.Offset(, 1).Value = "Go"
      Case 13
          If Target.Value <> "" Then Intersect(Target.EntireRow, Range("N:N, AA:AA")).Value = "No Go"
   End Select
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi @Fluff

Thanks for your reply. The code works :) Some questions though to understand the code further ...

I did google a bit and the "Select Case" is equivalent to a nested IF function? This code just makes it easier for VBA and Excel to read the code?

Then with regards to this line of code
Code:
If Target.Value <> "" Then Target.Offset(, 1).Resize(, 2).Value = Array("Walk In", "Endorsed to")
how do you read it? I got lost with the .Resize

Upvote 0
If the target cell was E5, then the offset takes you to F5 & the Resize(,2) changes that to F5:G5

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back