VBA Code To Consolidate Data from Multiple Workbooks

archrael

Hi All,

Here I go again requesting for help. :(

So I have multiple workbook, which will be the dump file of the userform I made. basically what it do is track activity of each employee. This workbook called TALTracker has in itself the userform. when you open the file, the userform pops out and hide the excel application. At the same time, the userform is dumping the data on the DataDump tab. All is working perfectly well thanks for all the help from this forum too.

Now I would need to create another form which will consolidate all the data from different workbooks.

requirements:
  1. a userform that when you click the commandbutton will open a new excel which will be the master dump raw data.
  2. the same command button will search all TALTracker file (preferably in the same folder, with the same root file name only adding name of the employee in the file name, with the same extension ie. .xls or .xlsm) - note: it should not be limited to number of files as the user may exceed 250 employees.
  3. this will then be opened (as read only if possible as the same file is being used by its user at the same time) and hide the userform (as the userform will open when you open the file)
  4. find the DataDump tab
  5. copy the data from B2 up unto the last entry
  6. dump the copied data in the new filed open in #1
  7. close all TALTracker files

I have tried looking for solutions in google and in a lot of forums as well as here but I can't seems to find the most logical code for my requirements.

Hope someone can assists me.

Thanks,
John

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
screechyboy79

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back