VBA code to remove duplicates

Wafee

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Can someone help me with a code that does the below.

I have 3 source sheets of similar data from Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 source sheets. I am combining the data in to a single sheet called "Sheet4". I am color coding all the data from sheet3 when pasted in sheet4. now once duplicates are identified from column "B" from sheet4 i am filtering the duplicates and sorting them (A-Z) and retaining the rows of data which has color coding(the data which is from sheet3) and removing rest from the filtered duplicates.

this what it looks likes once duplicates are filtered and sorted. data from 6- 10 is from sheet3 which is color coded. hence among the duplicates if there two lines of data with similar ref then color coded line must be replaced. please help me with suitable code (Text coloring is not necessary if there is any other way to do it.). also consider that below data is in filter mode.

Row numberNameRefStatus
1​
A​
337​
Submitted​
2​
A​
420​
Submitted​
3​
B​
554​
Submitted​
4​
B​
632​
Submitted​
5​
C​
343​
Submitted​
6​
C
Submitted
7​
A
Submitted
8​
A
Submitted
9​
B
Submitted
10​
B
Submitted

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
Perhaps you can define what you need to achieve with these sets of data, rather than what you are doing now.

Upvote 0
Perhaps you can define what you need to achieve with these sets of data, rather than what you are doing now.
Hi Larry,

Whenever there are duplicates in terms of ref column("B" column) in sheet4 then I need to retain the line of data which came from sheet3 and remove others which might have come from either sheet1 or sheet2. Just to confirm again this task needs to be done for duplicates alone.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back