VBA code to search and display match in another sheet

Mwate

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Am very new to programming. i have a list of trainees and their corresponding info:

Capture.PNG

I have then developed an excel user form as follows:

Capture 2.PNG

where Admin level = district

I am trying to develop simple database to search list entries using the "extract data" button from multiple selections specified by the combobox selections on the user form.
i have managed to write the code for reseting the form using the "Reset" button and saving the output. am struggling to write a code to search the list using user form selection and return all matching entries into a different worksheet. the following code i have done only returns one entry:

VBA Code:
Sub searchmultiplevalues()
Dim r As Long, c As Long, col_index As Long, lastcol As Long
lastcol = Cells.Find(what:="*", after:=Range("A1"), lookat:=xlPart, LookIn:=xlFormulas, searchorder:=xlByColumns, searchdirection:=xlPrevious, MatchCase:=False).Column

r = 2 
col_index = 2

For c = 2 To lastcol
    Cells(r, c).Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Range("A2"), Range("A10:E20"), col_index, False)
    col_index = col_index + 1
Next c

MsgBox("Search finalized!")

End Sub

The question in summary: how do i perfect this code to take all combobox selections from the user form and display the matching entries (with corresponding information for each matching entry) into another worksheet within the same workbook?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Did you manage to come with anything Dave? Thanks

I have been looking at it but at moment, have a serious family member issue occurring that requires undivided attention.
The code to filter is just one or two lines but the code to manage the lists etc in the form will involve much more - it occurs to me that you could just set the data sheet to autofilter which involves no code & just filter the fields as required? You can then copy the results to another sheet if required.

I will have a play at some stage & let you have anything that I think is credible.

Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back