Vhoffman

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am looking to create two separate buttons using VBA and have not been able to successfully write a working code for either.

I am trying to have both these buttons edit every Excel file in the same folder as the excel workbook containing the button and every sheet within each Excel workbook.

1. For the first button I am hoping to add data to three columns within a given range of a workbook and to have this data displayed on the next available line. To clarify, each sheet in each workbook has the same Bill of materials template on it, and each bill of material has a revision log within range Q3:U10 (three data columns made larger by merging cells). Each bill of material may have a different number of revisions, so I was hoping the user could be prompted to enter the data for the 3 columns (rev,date,description), and the information will be added to the next available line of each worksheet's revision log. The other buttons I have so far are in a separate workbook and alter all files contained within the same file folder.

2. Similarly I was hoping to create another button which when pressed would prompt the user to input a part number (Located in column A) and then type a note which would be displayed in the part number's corresponding notes column (column AB). Just like button 1, I was hoping to have this is in separate workbook which would then alter every sheet of every workbook located within the same file folder.

I realize this is a complicated series of questions. I appreciate any help or any reference information!

Thank you

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Welcome to the MrExcel Message Board!

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: VBA Code Writing Help
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlosWin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back