VBA - Code

superfb

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

There's a macro I use for work, it's a beast of a code and I'm unsure if I can share it as the only way would be from the work computer and paste it in here. Not sure if I'll be going against company policy. So not being able to do this isn't helpful for the cause :(

The premise for the macro is to extract info from multiple spreadsheets and paste them to a template. It does this 44 times.

It seems like there has been some update that causes the macro to misbehave. It seems to get stuck on saving spreadsheet. If you click on cancel it continues on to the next one. But it is extremely slow! I do use Excel workbook 97-2003, but since a company update on the systems. It's been causing trouble.

I have noticed the application screen updating is false however the code does seem to give a progress bar at the bottom of the macro file. (not sure if this plays a part in slowing the macro)

Previously it would churn out the files in 30 mins and now it takes 4 hours give or take with crashing.

You can also get a real time error too, which is so random?

I know without the code it's not exactly helpfull, but just curious to see if anyone has any tips? Or gone through something similar and what steps they may have conducted.

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
I understand that you might not be able to share the data for company policy reasons, but my guess is, unless you have something like passwords, drive mappings, or user names, there probably isn't anything sensitive/private about the VBA code, is there?

And even if you did have those things in there, couldn't you "dummy" those parts up with fake values, for the sake of posting this code?
If the code is that slow, I would suspect it is pretty rudimentary, inefficient code, so it doesn't sound like you would be giving away any "trade secrets".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back